Audrey Bain

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

SVU

Audrey Bain

No one thinks about their child being sexually assaulted, yet alone wants that to happen to their own flesh and blood. I got a true shocker today and to tell the truth it not only opened my eyes to the horrors people can commit but also to the side of law enforcement and the people that work these cases. To say the least, my day was completely ruined after I saw the first case.

No one ever wants to see that. That consisting of photographs of raped or molested children, child pornography, or a case of sodomy. When I saw these cases today, I saw into my future. I saw my child in that venerable position. I also saw my little brother’s face. It made my heart drop and my stomach churn. I thought I was going to get sick. This had to be one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen. In each one of those children, I saw an innocent face and a life now ruined. Those girls will never be the same.

I thought that I would be ready to see all the things that dealt with the criminal justice field. I was extremely wrong. Now I know that I will never be able to see these perps the same again. It’s a totally different seeing it first hand than seeing it on the television shows. I thought that I would be able to become hardened and things wouldn’t bother me. Once again, I was completely wrong.
Words cannot even begin to explain what I felt or how it has changed my life. I don’t even understand how I am feeling at this present moment. Words are completely escaping and I know for sure that I am feeling a sense of hopelessness and sorrow. The images of the kids will never leave my mind no matter how hard I try to make them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home