Audrey Bain

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Politics

Audrey Bain

Should it surprise me that politics play a huge part in police work? It shouldn’t. I knew that the Sheriff’s son had some things stolen in January, but I didn’t realize just how much time, work, and money he wanted to spend on this one case.

Today we spent so much of our resources on looking for a stolen Yamaha camouflage print ATV. I went out with several other officers in a three-car caravan. With us, we took two ATV’s to search for tire tracks and the stolen ATV. We looked for the ATV for over three hours before Lt. Richardson and I left to look somewhere else.

We took four high school boys out of class and threatened them with arrests and with multiple felony charges. All of the boys’ stories matched by one. We decided to call his parents and have them meet us at the station. All the while, we were talking to these boys, the three other men we left with at nine o’clock this morning were still looking for the ATV. The Sheriff didn’t even get involved himself, but by God, if we didn’t spend every waking moment today it was us on the line.

Unfortunately, we are still on the line. We didn’t find the ATV and we are only a little closer to where we were before. We know what our assignment is tomorrow before we even walk into the building. We will be working the same assignment everyday until that ATV is found.

*Half an hour after I left, Dect. Kevin Mitchell found the ATV. However, all of us still had punishments to fulfill. We all had to work the night shift on Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home